ArcGIS Desktop Resources
Quick Start: Horizon Access
- Installing and Configuring the VMware Horizon Client software
- Setting up Multifactor Authentication - Users outside the MSD Network *NEW
- Accessing the LOJIC Virtual Network
- Virtual Desktop User Tips
- Metro Users: VMware Horizon Allow Proxy Settings
ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1Training
The following information is tailored for use in the LOJIC system but may be useful for general ArcGIS 10.6 users:
Basic Information - Learn how to access and use ArcGIS Desktop and LOJIC's custom tools on the LOJIC Virtual Network.
- Connecting to folders using ArcCatalog
- Setting up a database connection in ArcCatalog
- Accessing LOJIC data
- Transferring data between your local network and the LOJIC Virtual Network
- Using Beginner.mxd
- Geocoding addressing tables
- Combining address fields
- Joining PVA data to the Property layer
- Using the LOJIC Tools toolbar
- Saving toolbars within an MXD
- Saving an MXD to an Older Version
- Repairing an MXD with Citrix V:/ C: drive data
- Change your network password
- Change your database password
- Update mxd's to use a direct connection
- View a pdf in ArcCatalog
- Add Latitude and Longitude to Point Data
- Formatting Excel Tables for ArcGIS Desktop Use
Data Driven Pages Training - Data Driven pages in ArcGIS Desktop allows you to easily create map series.
- Read What are Data Driven Pages?
- Download Exercise Data to your C:/MyGISFiles directory and extract the DataDrivenPages directory. In the enterprise environment, copy it from the Z:/MyGISFiles directory to your H: drive.
- Do Exercise 1 - Creating a map series from a point layer
- Do Exercise 2 - Creating a map series from a grid or polygon
- Do Exercise 3 - Creating a strip map series
- Do Exercise 4 - Creating a map series from a polygon layer using LOJIC Tools.
- LOJIC Resource - Finding rotation angle for polygons in a feature class
- Esri Resource - Working with Dynamic Text
Spatial Statistics Resources - An overview of ArcGIS Spatial Statistics Tools
ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1 Tutorials can be used with corresponding exercise content located in J:/ArcTutor1061 in the LOJIC Enterprise Environment.