Louisville and Jefferson County (KY) Information Consortium (LOJIC) Open Data Terms and Conditions Statement
Data provided by permission of the LOJIC partners consisting of Louisville Metro Government, Louisville Water Company, the Louisville and Jefferson County Metropolitan Sewer District and the Jefferson County Property Valuation Administrator.
This statement is compliant with the Open Data Commons Public Domain Dedication and License (PDDL).
The LOJIC partners reasonably believe that making this Data available for your inspection is not an infringement or other violation of any intellectual property rights. To the extent copyright in said information is held by the LOJIC partners, you are hereby permitted by the LOJIC partners to copy, distribute, store (electronically or otherwise), create derivative works based on and perform and display (publicly or otherwise) such Data, and make such Data available to end users. However, the information made available from the Data may contain material for which others may assert a copyright or other property interest, and the LOJIC partners and its officials and employees make no warranty or guarantee as to the ownership of any intellectual property or other property interest contained in the information. Furthermore, the LOJIC partners expressly disclaim any responsibility to defend or indemnify you against claims which others may assert based on your copying, distribution, or other use of any of the information.
By accessing any data posted by the Louisville and Jefferson County Information Consortium (LOJIC) partners ("Data"), you agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use ("Terms"). These Terms may be updated or modified by the LOJIC partners at any time at their sole discretion. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not access the Data or download any material from it.
- The Data is collected from various sources and will change over time and without notice.
- The Data is in the public domain and is provided to you on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" and "WITH ALL FAULTS" basis without any warranty of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy and non-infringement, nor shall the distribution of this information constitute any warranty. The recipient may not assert any proprietary rights thereto nor represent it to anyone as other than LOJIC produced data.
- The Data is not intended to constitute advice nor is it to be used as a substitute for specific advice from a professional. You should not act, or refrain from acting, based upon information in the Data without independently verifying the information and, as necessary, obtaining professional advice regarding your particular facts and circumstances. Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information, errors and conditions originating from physical sources used to develop the corporate database may be reflected in the data supplied. Users of this data must be aware of data conditions and bear responsibility for the appropriate use of the information with respect to possible errors, original map scale, collection methodology, currency of data, and other conditions specific to certain data.
- You use the Data at your own risk, and you assume the risk that the Data may provide incorrect information to you, as well as the risk that any material downloaded by you may cause loss of data or damage to your computer system.
- The LOJIC partners and their officials and employees assume no responsibility or legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, reliability, timeliness, or usefulness of any information available from the Data nor do they represent that the use of any information will not infringe privately owned rights.
- Should you use the Data for any purposes, you are encouraged to include the following citation: "Mapping Data Source: LOJIC” and/or link back to the source dataset on our LOJIC website. You are not authorized to make any use of any proprietary service marks of the LOJIC partners, including the LOJIC partners’ logos, or any confusingly similar variant thereof.
- The LOJIC partners reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue access to the Data (or any part thereof), temporarily or permanently, with or without notice to you. You agree that the LOJIC partners will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of access to the Data.
- YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL THE LOJIC PARTNERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, EVEN IF BOTH PARTIES ARE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF PROFITS OR FOR ANY OTHER SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER BASED UPON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT, WARRANTY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE DATA. THE PARTIES INTEND THAT THIS LIMITATION SHOULD APPLY EVEN IF IT CAUSES ANY WARRANTY TO FAIL OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- The invalidity of any term or provision of these Terms will not affect the validity of any other provision. Waiver by the LOJIC partners of strict performances of any provision of these Terms will not be a waiver of or prejudice The LOJIC partners’ right to require strict performance of the same provision in the future or of any other provision of these Terms.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the LOJIC partners and its officers, directors, and employees from and against all fines, suits, proceedings, claims, causes of action, demands, or liabilities of any kind or of any nature arising out of or in connection with your use of the Data.
- The exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any dispute, action, or suit of any nature involving the Data and its content, including, but not limited to, actions for injury to a person or property or infringement of intellectual property rights, shall reside in either the Federal District Court, Western District of Kentucky or the Jefferson County Circuit Court. Kentucky and federal law, as applicable, shall apply to all such matters.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties as to their subject matter, and there exist no other additional or conflicting terms, conditions or obligations between the parties relating to the use of the Data.
The LOJIC partners may provide links to third-party applications and sites that use LOJIC data for informational purposes to the general public. The LOJIC partners do not warrant or support these applications or sites, nor do the LOJIC partners endorse or sponsor these sites. The LOJIC partners are not affiliated or associated in any way with these organizations. The content and views expressed on these sites are not those of LOJIC. You access and use these links and applications at your own risk. Neither the LOJIC partners nor any of its employees or agents shall be liable for your use of these links and applications, nor shall they be liable for the accuracy of the information or any actions taken as a result of using the information.