LOJIC Help Desk Terms of Service
Help Desk Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EDT)
Geographic Information System (GIS) technology support services are provided through the Louisville and Jefferson County Information Consortium (LOJIC) technical staff. LOJIC Staff is committed to delivering quality customer service and GIS technical solutions in support of the LOJIC GIS Partners of the Louisville/Jefferson County Metropolitan Sewer District (MSD), the Louisville Metro Government, the Jefferson County Property Valuation Administrator’s (PVA) Office and the Louisville Water Company (LWC) as well as its LOJIC Licensees using the LOJIC Citrix network or remotely downloading the LOJIC data. LOJIC Staff also provides support on the usage of interactive maps created by LOJIC staff on the LOJIC web site at www.lojic.org.
To ensure the best possible support, this Service Level Expectations document outlines specific services, priorities and responsibilities related to the support of the LOJIC GIS.
The LOJIC Help Desk provides support to all MSD, Louisville Metro Government, Jefferson County PVA, LWC, LOJIC Licensees and LOJIC Interactive Map users who request assistance in the following areas:
- Connection to the LOJIC Citrix Network or LOJIC SDE Oracle database
- Access to software via the LOJIC Enterprise License Agreement with Esri.
- ArcGIS Desktop software use questions.
- LOJIC Citrix Network issues including the servers housing the data, software and services.
- Interactive Maps created by LOJIC Staff.
- General questions about LOJIC.
Roles and Responsibilities
It is important for both parties to understand the roles and responsibilities of the other, when providing a general level of Help Desk communication and services predictability.
- LOJIC Help Desk Responsibilities
- Interact with the customer in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Make a reasonable effort to ensure the customer’s data is not lost.
- Work with the customer to accurately and thoroughly document the incident, description, comments, and resolution.
- When possible, resolve the problem or complete the request on first contact.
- When necessary, escalate, assign, or refer the ticket to the appropriate person.
- Make every effort to respond to and resolve all assigned tickets, on time.
- Communicate revised time estimates for all tickets assigned to the LOJIC Help Desk.
- Document updates to any tickets assigned to the LOJIC Help Desk.
- Confirm the resolution and completeness for all tickets assigned to the LOJIC Help Desk prior to closing the ticket.
- Customer Responsibilities
- Provide complete contact information and availability.
- Provide a clear description of the problem, including an image of any error messages.
- Provide consent for LOJIC Help Desk personnel to access the customer’s ArcGIS Citrix session remotely when requested.
- When contacted by the LOJIC Help Desk, respond back within three (3) business days.
- Provide updates for any open tickets or unresolved problems.
Service Request Prioritization and Response Guidelines
The LOJIC Help Desk will use the following guidelines when prioritizing tickets and strives to begin working on them within the stated response time. The actual response time may vary depending on the volume of reported tickets, the availability of resources, and the thoroughness of the information provided. If a ticket cannot be resolved in the expected timeframe, the customer will be notified and provided with a revised estimated time of completion.