Access to the LOJIC Citrix network is limited to Louisville Metro Government, MSD, the Louisville Water Company, the Jefferson County Property Valuation Administrator, TARC, Bullitt County Planning, the Louisville Housing Authority, the City of Jeffersontown, and Middletown Fire District.
Because of the complexity of the GIS software used by LOJIC for advanced cartography, data management and spatial analysis, all new users must complete appropriate GIS software training prior to being provided access to the software and LOJIC data.
Requirements for a new LOJIC GIS software user before gaining access to the ArcGIS software and LOJIC data:
- Complete the “Introduction to LOJIC Mapping” seminar conducted by LOJIC staff, and;
- Complete one of the following:
- An introductory ArcGIS training course from ESRI, conducted either by ESRI staff or an authorized ESRI instructor. Contact the LOJIC Staff for current qualifying courses.
- An online ESRI Virtual Campus course in introductory ArcGIS. Contact the LOJIC Staff for current qualifying courses.
- GIS college level course(s) using ArcGIS from an accredited 2 or 4 year university or college.
- At least 2 years of Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS) GIS curriculum using ArcGIS from one of the JCPS GIS High School programs.
- Sign the PVA Real Estate Master File (REMF) Proper Use agreement.
Additionally, after completion of these course(s) and access to LOJIC is provided, the new user must immediately complete the current LOJIC training on the use of ArcGIS in the LOJIC network. This training is available as an online course.
This policy was approved by the LOJIC Policy Board on February 20, 2009.
Digital Maps from LOJIC:
January 26, 2018
April 13, 2018
9:00am - 11:00am
Introduction to LOJIC Mapping:
February 23, 2018
May 18, 2018
8:30am - 12:00pm
Building a Story Map
December 1, 2017
December 5, 2017
December 6, 2017
8:30am - 12:00pm