ArcGIS Desktop Resources
Quick Start: Citrix Access
ArcGIS Desktop 10.x Training
The following information is tailored for use in the LOJIC system but may be useful for general ArcGIS 10.x users:
Introductory Training - Learn how to access and use ArcGIS 10.2.1 and LOJIC's custom tools on the LOJIC Citrix Network.
- Accessing ArcGIS Desktop 10.x via the LOJIC intranet Citrix server
- Connecting to folders using ArcCatalog
- Setting up a database connection in ArcCatalog
- Accessing LOJIC data and geocoding services
- Managing and accessing your personal data
- Using Beginner.mxd
- Geocoding addressing tables
- Combining address fields
- Joining PVA data to the Property layer
- Using the LOJIC Tools toolbar
- Change your Citrix password
- Change your database password
- Update mxd's to use a direct connection
- View a pdf in ArcCatalog
- Add Latitude and Longitude to Point Data
- Formatting Excel Tables for ArcGIS Desktop Use
Data Driven Pages Training - Data Driven pages in ArcGIS Desktop allows you to easily create map series.
- View the Esri Data Driven Pages Presentation from the Esri Virtual Campus - Creating Map Books Using Data Driven Pages (60 minutes) You can use your LOJIC ArcGIS Online credentials or you may need to create an Esri Global login to view the presentation.
- Download Exercise Data to your C:/MyGISFiles directory and extract the DataDrivenPages directory. In the citrix environment, copy it from the V:/MyGISFiles directory to your H: drive.
- Do Exercise 1 - Creating a map series from a point layer
- Do Exercise 2 - Creating a map series from a grid or polygon
- Do Exercise 3 - Creating a strip map series
- Do Exercise 4 - Creating a map series from a polygon layer using LOJIC Tools.
- LOJIC Resource - Finding rotation angle for polygons in a feature class
ModelBuilder Training - Learn how to create simple geoprocessing tools using Modelbuilder.
- View the Esri ModelBuilder video from 2013 User Conference - Getting Started with Modelbuilder. (75 minutes)
- Do the Executing tools in ModelBuilder Tutorial. The data is at J:\ArcTutor\Modelbuilder. Copy the ModelBuilder directory into your citrix workspace. (45 minutes)
- Do the Creating Tools in ModelBuilder Tutorial from the ModelBuilder help tutorial. You will use the files in the ModelBuilder directory in your citrix workspace. (45 minutes)
- Do the ModelBuilder exercise using LOJIC data. You will use the ModelBuilder directory in your citrix workspace.(45 minutes)
Spatial Statistics Resources - An overview of ArcGIS Spatial Statistics Tools
- View video "Spatial Statistics: Simple Ways to do More with Your Data"
- Explore Esri's Spatial Statistics Blog
ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.1 Tutorials can be used with corresponding exercise content located in J:/ArcTutor in the LOJIC Citrix Environment.