ArcGIS Desktop Resources
Quick Start: Citrix Access
ArcGIS Desktop 10.x Training
The following information is tailored for use in the LOJIC system but may be useful for general ArcGIS 10.x users:
Introductory Training - Learn how to access and use ArcGIS 10.2.1 and LOJIC's custom tools on the LOJIC Citrix Network.
- Accessing ArcGIS Desktop 10.x via the LOJIC intranet Citrix server
- Connecting to folders using ArcCatalog
- Setting up a database connection in ArcCatalog
- Accessing LOJIC data and geocoding services
- Managing and accessing your personal data
- Using Beginner.mxd
- Geocoding addressing tables
- Combining address fields
- Joining PVA data to the Property layer
- Using the LOJIC Tools toolbar
- Change your Citrix password
- Change your database password
- Update mxd's to use a direct connection
- View a pdf in ArcCatalog
- Replace L: drive content with I: drive content
- Formatting Excel Tables for ArcGIS Desktop Use
Data Driven Pages Training - Data Driven pages in ArcGIS Desktop allows you to easily create map series.
- View the Esri Data Driven Pages Presentation from the Esri Virtual Campus - Creating Map Books Using Data Driven Pages (60 minutes) You may need to create an Esri Global login to view the presentation.
- Download Exercise Data to your C:/MyGISFiles directory and extract the DataDrivenPages directory. In the citrix environment, copy it from the V:/MyGISFiles directory to your H: drive.
- Do Exercise 1 - Creating a map series from a point layer
- Do Exercise 2 - Creating a map series from a grid
- Do Exercise 3 - Creating a strip map series
- Do Exercise 4 - Creating a map series from a polygon layer using LOJIC Tools.
- LOJIC Resource - Finding rotation angle for polygons in a feature class
ModelBuilder Training - Learn how to create simple geoprocessing tools using Modelbuilder.
- View the Esri ModelBuilder video from 2013 User Conference - Getting Started with Modelbuilder. (75 minutes)
- Do the Executing tools in ModelBuilder Tutorial. The data is at J:\ArcTutor\Modelbuilder. Copy the ModelBuilder directory into your citrix workspace. (45 minutes)
- Do the Creating Tools in ModelBuilder Tutorial from the ModelBuilder help tutorial. You will use the files in the ModelBuilder directory in your citrix workspace. (45 minutes)
- Do the ModelBuilder exercise using LOJIC data. You will use the ModelBuilder directory in your citrix workspace.(45 minutes)
Spatial Statistics Resources - An overview of ArcGIS Spatial Statistics Tools